Specialization in Numerics
In the fields of study 'mathematics' and 'mathematics with non-mathematical' specialization a specialization covering 18 CP is offered.
- WS, Numerics of Partial Differential Equations (Finite Elements), 4+2
- SS, Numerics of Conservation Laws, 2+1 or 4+2
- SS, Advanced Topics in Finite Elements 2+1 or 4+2 (e.g. Discontinuous Galerkin Methods, Mixed FEM, Stochastic FEM)
These courses are offered alternately. Please check in advance which course is offered. The courses can be chosen for a specialization in Numerics or as Electives.
Additionally the following courses may be offered
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Inverse Problems
- Kinetic Equations
- Model Reduction
- Modelling and Simulation in Mathematical Biology
- Numerics of Differential Algebraic Equations
Current courses can be found here.
Master Seminar Numerics
Every winter semester (if required also summer semester) a seminar is offered (0+2, from 9th semester). This aims to prepare the Master's thesis in Numerics. Topics are distributed at the beginning of the course (if required earlier).
Topics are distributed in agreement with the supervisor based on the specialization, fields of interest and the seminar.
Former Master's Theses can be found here.