Prof. Dr. Elena Mäder-Baumdicker
work +49 6151 16-22497
fax +49 6151 16-22498
If you have questions, please write me an Email and you will get an online appointment.
In the summer term 2021, our AG Seminar takes place at Tuesdays, 11.45am to 12.45pm.
Here is the list of dates and speakers.
- 27.4. tba .
- 4.5. Daniel Schindler (University of Potsdam)
- 18.5. Ömer Genc
- 1.6. Ben Lambert (University of Derby)
- 15.6. Fabian Rupp (University of Ulm)
- 29.6. Melanie Rothe
- 6.7. Ba-Duong Chu
- 13.7. Florian Martin
Summer term 19: Bachelor seminar about minimal surfaces
Winter term 19/20: Differential Geometry (= Curves and Surfaces)
Winter term 20/21: AG Seminar
Summer term 21: Lecture Mean Curvature Flow and AG Seminar
I am interested in questions related to Geometric variational problems, for example minimal surfaces theory or Willmore surfaces.
- (with P. Breuning and J. Hirsch) Existence of minimizing Willmore Klein bottles in Euclidean four-space, Geom. Topol. 21(2017), no.4, 2485-2526, available on Arxiv here.
- (with J. Hirsch) A note on Willmore minimizing Klein bottles in Euclidean space, Adv. Math. 319(2017), 67-75, available on Arxiv here.
- Singularities of the area preserving curve shortening flow with a Neumann free boundary condition, Math. Ann. 371(2018), no.3-4, 1429-1448, available on Arxiv here.
- The area preserving curve shortening flow with Neumann free boundary conditions, PhD Thesis, University of Freiburg, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, 155p., 2014.
I am member of the SPP 2026 „Geometry at infinity“, see SPP2026.
There is an open positions for a Post-Doc working in Geometric Analysis. It is an assistance position including some teaching duties. The desired start is fall 2021 or spring 2022.
If you are interested, please send me an Email. I am happy to provide more information.