Third attempt (oral)
Mathematics students are eligible to make a third attempt at an examination by sitting an oral examination even if oral examinations are not on offer in the respective semester. This is, however, only possible if the examiner is willing to hold this oral examination.
N.B.: In the case of a third attempt (oral), the student forfeits the right to an oral specialisation examination.
Steps to register a third attempt (oral):
1. Registration for written examination via TUCaN
2. Application for a third attempt (oral) at the Office for Student Affairs, so that an extra examination date can be arranged with the examiner.
3. Submission of completed registration, including the date of the extra examination, eight days before the earlier of the following dates at the latest:
• the standard (written) examination date
• the actual date of the extra (oral) examination
Registration must be submitted to the Office for Student Affairs; examination registration will then be amended on TUCaN accordingly.