Specialization in Numerics
In the fields of study 'mathematics' and 'mathematics with non-mathematical' specialization a specialization covering 18 CP is offered.
- WS, Numerics of Partial Differential Equations, 4+2
- SS, Numerics of Conservation Laws, 2+1, oder
- SS, Numerics of Differential Algebraic Systems, 4+2, or
- SS, Simulation of Optimization of Dynamical Systems, 4+2.
These courses are offered alternately. Please check in advance which course is offered. The courses can be chosen for a specialization in Numerics or as Electives.
Additionally the following courses may be offered
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Inverse Problems
- Computational Continuum Mechanics
Current courses can be found here.
Master Seminar Numerics
Every winter semester (if required also summer semester) a seminar is offered (0+2, from 9th semester). This aims to prepare the Master's thesis in Numerics. Topics are distributed at the beginning of the course (if required earlier).
Topics distributed in agreement with the supervisor based on the specialization, fields of interest and the seminar Former Master's Theses can be found here.