I am a Professor working at the Technische Universität Darmstadt/Department of Mathematics
(Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing), Germany.
I study different aspects of numerical schemes for partial differential equations.
Some research interests are:
- Schemes: Finite Volume Methods (FVM), Boundary Element Methods (BEM), Discontinuous Galerkin Methods (DGM),
- A priori and a posteriori error (robust) analysis
- Adaptivity, mesh refinement strategies
- Numerical schemes for climate modeling
- Scientific Computing: efficient numerical realization of transport schemes for atmospheric modeling and
their coupling to spectral elements (HOMME-SE) on multi-core platforms for
the new dynamical core of CAM (Community Atmosphere Model).
I hold a PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Mathematics from the
University of Ulm (Ulm, Germany)
and a Master degree (Dipl.-Ing.)
in Mathematics in Computer Science from the Vienna University of Technology (Vienna, Austria).